[Lazarus] SVN user

Juha Manninen juha.manninen62 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 28 23:02:22 CET 2010

Peter E Williams kirjoitti tiistai 28 joulukuu 2010 21:34:03:
> > I think you should write a bug report
>
> Okay... please see my earlier message about my not being able to install
> the deb files for the latest snapshot.
>
> I want someone to tell me the linux command to install all deb files in the
> current folder. I am still a linux newbie with deb files as I use the
> Software Manager. This installs Lazarus 0.9.28,2 not the latest beta
> version.
>
> I am not a SVN user.

Then you must become one...
I mean, if you want to get involved in the project so much that you make bug
reports with suggested code changes, then using the revision control system is
the only way to go. The bugs should be tested against the latest versions
anyway and updating from the SVN server is the easiest and fastest way.

 http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/Getting_Lazarus

Basically just:
$ svn co http://svn.freepascal.org/svn/lazarus/trunk lazarus
$ cd lazarus
$ make all
$ ./lazarus &

> > use the normal diff format for your patch.
>
> Please give details. I have never done this before! :)

Explained here:
 http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/Creating_A_Patch
Basically:
$ svn diff > mypatch.patch

> >It makes things easier for everybody.
>
> I am all in favour of making things easier for everybody :-)))

:-)

Juha