[Lazarus] Where is fp ide located on my Mint 10 Linux system (ubuntu based)?

Mark Morgan Lloyd markMLl.lazarus at telemetry.co.uk
Wed Dec 29 19:52:50 CET 2010

Honza wrote:
> If those binaries are in your path then `which fp` and `which fpc`
> should say where the programs are installed/located.

Assuming, with all due respect to everybody, that he has actually
installed it successfully (i.e. that it didn't fail due to the absence
of some prerequisite. Allowing that Mint is a derivative of Ubuntu which
is itself a derivative of Debian I, for one, would be very cautious.

Peter, in extremis try

find /usr -name fp

and possibly others such as basing the find on /opt if the distro ever
uses that for packages.

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk