[Lazarus] Where is fp ide located on my Mint 10 Linux system (ubuntu based)?

waldo kitty wkitty42 at windstream.net
Thu Dec 30 04:04:06 CET 2010

On 12/29/2010 12:52, Peter Williams wrote:
> Dear Mark,
>
>  > Date: Wed, 29 Dec 2010 18:33:14 +0100
>  > From: marcov at stack.nl
>  > On Wed, Dec 29, 2010 at 09:37:25AM +0100, Vincent Snijders wrote:
>  > > Please, ask question about the fp binary on the fpc-pascal mailing
>  > > list[1], since it is off topic for this list. While you are at it, you
>  > > can ask the question about the fpc binaries there too.
>  >
>  > The question is not about the FP binary, but about Mint packaging.
>
> You are wrong! Mint 10 is a 100% derivative of Ubuntu Linux. In fact I used the
> Mint 10 package which is based on the Ubuntu 10 OS.
>
> Are you seriously trying to tell me that the FPC Team does not answer questions
> about Ubuntu packaging,

FWIW and not trying to jump in and beat any animals, but just in case this was
not already answered, the FPC team may or may not create the packages used in
the various *nix installation systems... they may create and manage some that
may not be the ones actually used by the various distribution systems...
generally speaking, some one takes up the task and they may not be officially or
otherwise related to the project...

i hope that makes sense and comes across straight...