[Lazarus] SVN user

Frank Church vfclists at gmail.com
Fri Dec 31 15:09:29 CET 2010

On 29 December 2010 22:45, Graeme Geldenhuys <graemeg.lists at gmail.com>wrote:

> 2010/12/30 Flávio Etrusco <flavio.etrusco at gmail.com>:
> >
> > I regret Graeme is trying to "sell" git once again
>
> And yet again I'll I need to answer you as before. Fuck Off!

Temper,

Graeme.

You've got a supporter here. I am a git user, and I find it very useful when
combined with a project management tool, which in my case is Redmine.

There is nothing better than going to the Repository page in Redmine,
clicking on a file, selecting 2 commits and seeing the changes between them,
and for a lone developer it is very useful and important especially on long
term projects.

I have used subversion in the past, not much though, but I have taken to git
much better.

I think the main problem here how much time it takes a newcomer to ease
himself into using a new set of  tools, and it applies as much to a person
moving to git to subversion (God forbid!! [?]) or vice versa.

I;ve read that mercurial (hg) is even easier and more 'logical' than git.