[Lazarus] Reconstructing Lazarus Website 2: the content

Juha Manninen juha.manninen at phnet.fi
Tue Feb 2 12:13:12 CET 2010

Hi,

> Take a look at http://img85.imageshack.us/img85/5716/lazwebnew020210.png

> Below it, it's an animated large header which will show some highlight
> features of FPC/Lazarus in rotation.

Please don't make the animations very heavy for CPU.
There are many pages with animated ads that hog 70% of my CPU and I don't want
to keep them open for long.
It's not a problem of course if you have a fast multi-core CPU.

Another wish:
I still would like a "Getting Started" or "Quick Start" link.
That would be next step after installing Lazarus.
It would guide through a "Hello World" app in clear steps:
1. Open Lazarus.
2. Drag a button to the form.
3. Drag a label  to the form.
4. Double click the button.
5. Type: Label1.Caption := 'Hello World';
6. Run the program.

The beginner will be impressed, especially if he hasn't used Delphi before. If
he has used Delphi then he will still be impressed and wants to try more.

FPC section could have a similar link with "writeln('Hello World)".

What you say?

Regards,
Juha Manninen