[Lazarus] n-tier solution for FPC/Lazarus

Leonardo M. Ramé l.rame at griensu.com
Tue Feb 2 14:41:26 CET 2010

El mar, 02-02-2010 a las 15:04 +0200, Graeme Geldenhuys escribió:
> I know I asked this exact question before, but that was 2 years ago. Just
> wanted to find out if there was any progress in this department.
>
> Regards,
>   - Graeme -

I don't know if it's already any improvement in this area, but let me
tell you what I'm doing in an application.

Half a year ago, I created a web app using ExtJs (not ExtPascal) and a
stand alone http server based on Synapse lib. Apart from showing web
pages, the server has methods to receive requests as Url encoded
strings, then answer with JSon strings to populate form data and grids.

Last month, my customer got a contract that requiered to allow a remote
location to access the application, with a little issue, the remote
location doesn't have a reliable internet connection. So I started to
think about this problem, and came up with an Desktop application that
works through Internet when the connection is up, when it's not, it
makes a modem call and connects directly to the application in my
customer's location.

The Desktop app uses an ORM capable of parsing JSon data to populate
objects, then those objects are used just like any other desktop
application. So the "database" is the remote HTTP server.

In this particular case, I was forced to use JSon because I had to keep
the ExtJs side working, but, if your client and server will be written
in FPC, you could follow this approach:

http://leonardorame.blogspot.com/2009_03_01_archive.html

--
Leonardo M. Ramé