[Lazarus] n-tier solution for FPC/Lazarus

Michael Van Canneyt michael at freepascal.org
Tue Feb 2 15:16:52 CET 2010

On Tue, 2 Feb 2010, Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Is there a FPC or Lazarus component similar to Delphi's MIDAS to allow us
> to write n-tier software?  Note I'm only interested in Desktop style
> applications. I guess if nothing exists, one could try something like
> WebServices SOAP+XML+HTTP or something. The middle tier app being an
> embedded HTTP server app or something.

You can use WST for this. It supports more than just HTTP+Soap.
The HTTP and SOAP protocols are quite slow. WST has a binary protocol
and straight TCP connection which is much faster.

I'm currently writing a module for fpweb which plays the middle tier
for an ExtJS web application. There is no reason why you could not use
that with a regular FPC client as well.

Michael.