[Lazarus] Reconstructing Lazarus Website 2: the content

Juha Manninen juha.manninen at phnet.fi
Wed Feb 3 15:00:15 CET 2010

Hi.

> And here's mine, with more 'elegant' touch to it. I use large fonts
> and white overall to make a neutral appearance --as I don't know
> Lazarus' "color"--. The page uses less text as possible on the front
> page, inspired by Mercurial, VLC, Wordpress website so that new
> visitors wont be overwhelmed by it.

It looks elegant, yes. I like the cheetah, too.
New visitors won't be overwhelmed by information ... well ...

Sorry but I don't understand the fashion to put Latest News and Forum Postings
into the main page. I know many pages do that. They occupy about a half of
your page but usually carry no relevant information to a casual visitor.

Those who want to follow the news and forum postings can find them behind a
link and make a bookmark and then read them daily if they want.

Most of the links in Bee Jay's page are useful and thus it serves better the
visitors.
A good compromise would be if you remove news and forum posts from main page,
add some important links that Bee Jay's page has and then add the Quick Start
section I suggested earlier. It could even be a screen-cast of making a "Hello
World" app right on the front page. It would not add textual context and would
increase the page's "cool-factor". And it sure would help more than a random
piece of news.

Regards,
Juha Manninen