[Lazarus] GTK2 EraseBackgound

JoshyFun joshyfun at gmail.com
Fri Feb 5 19:56:04 CET 2010

Hello Lazarus-List,

GG> In fpGUI we introduced a new property called TfpgEdit.ExtraHint
GG> That way it doesn't interfere with the actual text content - no matter
GG> how it is set. The ExtraHint text is painted directly onto the
GG> TfpgEdit background. But then again in fpGUI I have full control over
GG> all components design - I don't know the various LCL backends and
GG> there limitations on doing things.

fpGUI is not a problem as they are not native, you can draw whichever
you want, but lost other capabilities inherited from the native system
like the syntetic read for impared people.

GG> Painting directly onto TEdit's background canvas - is that what you
GG> are having issues with under GTK2?

More or less :) Mostly is tell to GTK2 that I'll paint something over
TEdit and please GTK do not erase it :) or I "you" do it let me know
to repaint my own content.

--
Best regards,
 JoshyFun