[Lazarus] GTK2 EraseBackgound

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Sat Feb 6 09:35:29 CET 2010

On 6 February 2010 10:09, zeljko <zeljko at holobit.net> wrote:
> and less buggy (just look at bug tracker, and compare number and type of qt
> bugs vs. gtk2 bugs),

But that could also be explain as follows... not as many people are
using the LCL-Qt widgetset compared to the LCL-GTK2 widgetset. :-)

> primary target. Sorry, but gtk2 is crap in it's current state for serious
> business application.

GTK2 on it's own (not LCL-GTK2) is crap too. I simply hate the
inconsistent sizes of components, Combobox drop-down behaviour (size
and can't limit dropdown count), shitty treeview etc. Sadly though,
I'm running Ubuntu with stock standard Gnome desktop. :-(
I thought of trying Kubuntu, but I'm just not sure if I like the new
KDE though - I'm still very much used to 3.5 (the little bit that I
used it).

I'll try Lazarus with LCL-Qt for the next week to see how it goes - I
haven't tried LCL-Qt in a while.

  - Graeme -