[Lazarus] GTK2 EraseBackgound

zeljko zeljko at holobit.net
Sat Feb 6 09:46:35 CET 2010

On Saturday 06 February 2010 09:35, Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:
> On 6 February 2010 10:09, zeljko <zeljko at holobit.net> wrote:
> > and less buggy (just look at bug tracker, and compare number and type of
> > qt bugs vs. gtk2 bugs),
>
> But that could also be explain as follows... not as many people are
> using the LCL-Qt widgetset compared to the LCL-GTK2 widgetset. :-)

well, over 3500 client machines happily runs LCL-Qt apps (our customers), and
there's no arguing about anything (was CLX before LCL-Qt).
I can confirm that quality of LCL-Qt and lazarus qt is better than K3 at this
moment.I've used K3 two months ago for the last time. Now starts D7 Ent.
sometimes just to see some component behaviour and compare it to LCL.
Goodbye borland,codegear,embarcadero FOREVER.

> > primary target. Sorry, but gtk2 is crap in it's current state for serious
> > business application.
>
> GTK2 on it's own (not LCL-GTK2) is crap too. I simply hate the
> inconsistent sizes of components, Combobox drop-down behaviour (size
> and can't limit dropdown count), shitty treeview etc. Sadly though,
> I'm running Ubuntu with stock standard Gnome desktop. :-(
> I thought of trying Kubuntu, but I'm just not sure if I like the new
> KDE though - I'm still very much used to 3.5 (the little bit that I
> used it).
>
> I'll try Lazarus with LCL-Qt for the next week to see how it goes - I
> haven't tried LCL-Qt in a while.

Feedback is welcome :)