[Lazarus] TButtonedEdit

Andrea Mauri andrea.mauri.75 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 11 11:08:27 CET 2010

On 10 February 2010 18:12, Luiz Americo Pereira Camara
<luizmed at oi.com.br> wrote:

> In the other side, knowing that a cracker can change the time stamp of that
> folder to match other system

Make no mistake, there is no single "fix" to ensure a product is 100%
secure. This is especially true if the protection is implemented in
100% software (no external hardware dongles). I was very impressed to
actually read in the OnGuard documentation that they actually
highlight the short comings of each protection method. Most other
companies I have seen and used simply state they are foolproof - which
they are not.

Also, getting a relatively unique value based on the date/time offset
from a specified date in history, is only part of the information used
by OnGuard to secure your software. In OnGuard terms, this is called
"key modifiers". The hacker would still have to find the original Key
too.

We simply want to make our product a bit more difficult to hack,
thinking in terms of the average end-user to medium skilled hacker.
Our content (teaching material) is also encrypted with various
encryption schemes, based on Grade, Language, Product etc. But like I
said, anything is hackable.

PS:
Even the Playstation 3 finally got hacked - it only took 3 years, 2
months and something like 11 days - that's dedication! :-)

  - Graeme -