[Lazarus] TurboPower OnGuard changes

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Thu Feb 11 14:56:07 CET 2010

Marco van de Voort wrote:

> Please keep the Linux gore at arms length, so that later solutions for other
> platforms can be plugged in without a million ifdefs

If you ever read the tiOPF newsgroups, you would see I *hate* IFDEF code. I
think I have been writing cross-platform code for enough years so it comes
to me without thinking.

As I explained in another post, I already split the OnGuard code into GUI
an non-GUI packages to make it more manageable and flexible. Since that
post I have also reduced the existing IFDEF code a lot by replacing code
blocks with features FPC already supports or something implemented in pure
Object Pascal.

Also note, our company projects are cross-platform, so the end result of my
changes to OnGuard will be too. Currently OnGuard only supports Windows and
Linux, but hopefully it should be easy to extend it to other platforms once
I am done with it.

Regards,
  - Graeme -

http://opensoft.homeip.net/fpgui/