[Lazarus] Lazarus Designer surface

Lee Jenkins lee at datatrakpos.com
Sun Feb 21 21:01:05 CET 2010

Mattias Gärtner wrote:
> Zitat von Lee Jenkins <lee at datatrakpos.com>:
>

>> Hi all,
>>
>> First pointing out that I know absolutely nothing about the IDE code,
>> how feasible or complex would you guesstimate it would be for someone
>> to expose the  the lazarus form designer as a LCL component?
>
> What do you mean with 'designer'?
>
> The base of the designer is just a hook delegating
> mouse/paint/keyboard/size events to the various IDE parts. The designer
> alone can only paint the grids.

The basic functionality of drawing controls/widgets on the designer surface with
grab handles, resizing, etc.

There is a commercial component for Delphi that I've used for some time that has
this functionality, but I am researching the feasibility of doing my project in
Lazarus which needs to be a mini-ide in itself.

http://www.greatis.com/delphicb/formdes/

That is the functionality I was looking for.

--
Warm Regards,

Lee