[Lazarus] Lazarus Designer surface

Mattias Gärtner nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de
Mon Feb 22 02:19:37 CET 2010

Zitat von Lee Jenkins <lee at datatrakpos.com>:

> Mattias Gärtner wrote:
>> Zitat von Lee Jenkins <lee at datatrakpos.com>:
>>

>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> First pointing out that I know absolutely nothing about the IDE
>>> code, how feasible or complex would you guesstimate it would be
>>> for someone to expose the  the lazarus form designer as a LCL
>>> component?
>>
>> What do you mean with 'designer'?
>>
>> The base of the designer is just a hook delegating
>> mouse/paint/keyboard/size events to the various IDE parts. The
>> designer alone can only paint the grids.
>>

> The basic functionality of drawing controls/widgets on the designer
> surface with grab handles, resizing, etc.

The controls draw themselves.
The grab handles are drawn by the control selection on a DesignerDC.
The resizing is also mostly handled by the control selection.
The control selection requires some parts of the IDEIntf, so it can
not be moved to the LCL. And it is not abstract enough for the IDEIntf.
I guess this would require quite some refactoring.
Of course you are free to copy whatever you need, it's open source.

> There is a commercial component for Delphi that I've used for some
> time that has this functionality, but I am researching the
> feasibility of doing my project in Lazarus which needs to be a
> mini-ide in itself.
>
> http://www.greatis.com/delphicb/formdes/
>
> That is the functionality I was looking for.

Mattias