[Lazarus] Installing lazarus with fpc 2.4.0

Hans-Peter Diettrich DrDiettrich1 at aol.com
Sat Jan 2 08:01:24 CET 2010

Doug Chamberlin schrieb:

>> If you already have Lazarus installed, you can simply install the new
>> compiler, with the sources...then launch Lazarus. Go to tools, and
>> build Lazarus. After the build is finished you should be working with
>> the new compiler
>
> OK, I get that. But I don't have Lazarus already installed and I don't
> really want to install it with an older fpc version.

Install FPC first, then build Lazarus from the makefile.

Since the latest FPC version breaks some old code, an older Lazarus
distribution may fail to compile with a new compiler. If you want to be
up to date, checkout the latest version (trunk) from the repositories,
and install from the command line.

DoDi