[Lazarus] Window body dragging

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Sat Jan 2 21:24:52 CET 2010

2010/1/2 Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho <felipemonteiro.carvalho at gmail.com>:

> 1 - Use MouseMove, MouseUp, MouseDown to emulate this, but in my Mac
> it sometimes looses track of MouseMove because the mouse was faster
> then the window, so not 100% good

Normally that means you did not capture the mouse. Both XLib and GDI
have "mouse capture" API's. I would image Mac does to. In fpGUI I had
problems you describe, and enabling mousecapture/mouserelease solved
it - no matter how fast you move the mouse.

> 2 - Use platform-specific APIs. It's easy in Windows and we already
> have an idea in X11, but nothing yet in Carbon.

In X11 it's possible without programmer intervension. Alt+Click
anywhere on any window and then move the mouse without releasing the
buttons. I think 99.9% of window managers support this.

  - Graeme -