[Lazarus] Groundwork for Undo in Form Designer

Marc Weustink marc at dommelstein.net
Tue Jan 19 00:43:32 CET 2010

Juha Manninen wrote:
> Hi,
>
>> Are you going to track all repositories floating around, or wil you
>> stick to trunk ?
>
> Marc, I don't know if there is a misunderstanding but originally I asked for
> feedback about my patch which I sent using the "officially recommended" way,
> through bugtracker (issue tracker, Mantis, whatever it is called).
> My idea was to have feedback to know I am not doing something stupid and then
> continue editing after that.
> Later the discussion spread to revision control systems but I don't see it as
> a problem here. The problem is more about if somebody has time to check my
> patches.

There you have a point. This topic went completely off topic, hiding the
real issue.
Most of us developers have some areas where they have the most
experience. The current way of keyhandling is iirc inherited from how
synedit handles keys.
About your patch, although I agree on most reformatting parts, we try to
separate functionality patches from reformatting patches. This makes
understanding what changes easier (and not everybody agrees on my
formatting).
In general it looks ok, and if it works it's fine with me.

Marc