[Lazarus] Lazarus is invisible?

JoshyFun joshyfun at gmail.com
Mon Jan 25 17:56:43 CET 2010

Hello Lazarus-List,

>> In such cases I often try and use Google to rather do the searching for me.
HPD> PasDoc has a nice full text search feature for the HTML documents
HPD> (tipue), perhaps it should also be added to FPDoc?

The problem with this searchs like the wiki ones is not the "full text
search" capability which is quite easy to be created in any
environment, but the scoring of the searched terms. In current wiki
(in example) is almost impossible to find something usable if you must
use words like "object", "class" or "control", as they are present in
almost all documents, so "full text search" is useless.

That's the reason I suggested to add "Sphinx" search engine to the
Lazarus/freepascal wiki.

Also tipue is a javascript search which should no be used if you have
more than 20-40 pages to search in.

--
Best regards,
 JoshyFun