[Lazarus] FCL-Web and new WebDesign packages

Dariusz Mazur darekm at emadar.com
Thu Jan 28 15:26:22 CET 2010

W dniu 2010-01-28 14:22, Graeme Geldenhuys pisze:
> Adrian Veith wrote:
>
>> environments - I use pascal since 30 years for my every day development
>> and love it - but IMHO for web programming, it is more productive to
>> have a dynamic language - it is the nature of websites. (Free)-Pascal
>>
> A matter of taste I guess. I use pure Object Pascal to write all our CGI
> applications. Our CGI apps do things PHP, JavaScript etc can only dream of!
> Not to mention I have the full RTL, lots of the FCL and other non-GUI
> frameworks at my disposal - and execution speed is probably magnitudes
> faster too.

I fully agree. And add that Pascal are more suitable to maintain big
application. There are few big projects dynamic languages comparable  to
Delphi. Existing application for CMS, shopping, bugzilla etc.  are
relative small.

But is big problem with distribution of such (pascal) programs. Boys
from hostings firm  believe  more to PHP script (which has more holes
than cheese)  than binary executables.

> But in the end I'll take desktop GUI apps any day over Web apps. ;-)

I have it today. 500+ forms works on desktop and web from the same source.

--
   Darek