[Lazarus] [Fwd: Re: Is Lazarus a Delphi plagiat?]

Hans-Peter Diettrich DrDiettrich1 at aol.com
Fri Jan 29 23:36:02 CET 2010

2010/1/29 ik <idokan at gmail.com>

> I completely understand. in Hebrew for example there are two more problem,
> one is that every time I tried to translate something, something messed the
> order of the translation up.
> And many people did not like the fact that it speaks Hebrew rather English
> because they dislike mixing technical words in native language. So most of
> them that installing Lazarus and Hebrew is their locale, they either stop
> using Lazarus or switch immediately to English. That's why I stopped
> translating things.

Yes ik that exactly my pain.

On Fri, Jan 29, 2010 at 2:51 PM, Graeme Geldenhuys
<graemeg.lists at gmail.com>wrote:

> Why not create your own custom setup.exe that doesn't ship with the Arabic
> translation. Or, is it not possible to pass a parameter to startlazarus.exe
> or lazarus.exe telling it which language to use? Then modify the setup.exe
> to create shortcut with that parameter (though removing Arabic translation
> file is probably less effort).
>
> Lazarus uses INNO setup which you can download freely off the net so you
> can create your own setup.exe file. The INNO setup scripts and information
> file (*.iss) is located in <laz>/tools/install/ directory.

If i want to distribute a link to download last version of Lazarus then i
must upload that setup to my site and my bandwidth will run out.
also what if some one try to download it from the offical site of Lazaurs.

I have the same problem when redistribute FirebirdSQL setup include Arabic
language and FlameRobin to my customers.

SY, Zaher Dirkey