[Lazarus] Reconstructing Lazarus Website 4: the dev tool

Bee Jay bee.ography at gmail.com
Sat Jan 30 17:00:30 CET 2010

> I think that we should not reinvent the wheel again and use already
> existing tools. Before we thought about the portal and choosed
> drupal as a possible cms for it. Although Joomla is a good candidate
> too.

Good reason, for practical reason. If we're going to use external
tool, as we don't need to reinvent the wheel so to say, I personally
prefer WordPress engine. It less complex and easier to use and to
maintain. But, that's me. :)

> If you want fpWeb very much you can start portal development in
> paralel. We can have fpWeb solution using drupal database. When it
> is ready we will switch to it without the need of database
> converting, etc.

For development reason, I still prefer fpWeb. Yes, we would reinvent
the wheel, if we say in CMS world as there are many ready-to-use CMS
out there, though mostly build using PHP (and mysql). But, in pascal
world, it maybe the first CMS that's build using pascal. Besides, it
could be a best example and showcase for FPC/Lazarus. And for the
database, personally, I much prefer Firebird, for many reasons. But,
again, that's me.

--

-Bee-

...making buzzes at http://twitter.com/beezing