[Lazarus] Parser

Adem listmember at letterboxes.org
Thu Jul 1 09:37:03 CEST 2010

  On 2010-07-01 10:17, Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:
> 2010/6/30 Adem<listmember at letterboxes.org>:
>> IOW, this sort of thing should be a precondition to such contributions. Keeping the door ajar (or, at least, not closed) for this sort of thing would be --IMHO-- a good thing as it is likely to bring on (more) commercial (and, hence/hopefully more stable) interest to the FPC flora and fauna.
> Like Michael said, the project is called "Free Pascal" for a reason. But you are always welcome to fork the project and frequently merge "pascal" related changes from the FPC project into your forked project. This way you can choose a more appropriate project name as well. :)
It's not as if I am about to start such a project, let alone dump
megabytes of owen-fresh code; we're simply talking about some
possible/probable future direction and whether it would be a good idea
to make provision for that sort of thing.
IOW, nothing concrete; nothing of imminence.

At this point, I think I remember the time when you announced fpGUI
--Lazarus was around then.
But, I can't quite recall whether you were met with such a resistence
--that there already existed a project for precisely the same purpose
and you should pool in your resources into that.
Were you?

Cheers,
Adem