[Lazarus] Parser

Adem listmember at letterboxes.org
Thu Jul 1 18:58:36 CEST 2010

  On 2010-07-01 11:19, Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:
> fpGUI and LCL have very different goals, even though, from a distance, they look like the same thing.
And, I am sure people get to appreciate their differences once they
spend a little time to understand what they are.

Your fpGUI as well as Michael's (Schnell) MSEide+MSEgui and other
similar projects are a richness for the whole community --not resource
consumers-- serving different needs.
> And yes, I have received many mails (more than I care to remember) saying that I should pool my efforts with LCL.
I could ask whether these emails came from the core of LCL team, but
that wouldn't contribute to our discussion here.

I will, however, ask whether you thought they were *fair*.
> LCL doesn't allow for what we [our company] need, that is why I limit my efforts to the Lazarus IDE only.
IOW, your work on/with fpGUI has all but helped LCL too.

Cheers,

Adem