[Lazarus] Lazarus-other list

Paul Ishenin webpirat at mail.ru
Sat Jul 3 12:36:51 CEST 2010

  03.07.2010 18:15, Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:
> Make one comment which the "Gods" frown upon, and
> your and banished to the *-other mailing lists (which nobody cares to
> read).
There are problems which needs to be solved somehow. -other mailing
lists is the solution. Maybe not the perfect.

The problem as I see it:

1. Lazarus developers and users want to be informed about lazarus
problems and we need a place to discuss them.
2. Lazarus mail list was a place where we were able to discuss that
problems but with time the subscribers list has grown together with the
traffic of this list. So if previosly I recieved 7-15 mails per day now
I get 15-30.
3. With the grown traffic it is imposible to spend reasonable amount of
time for mails reading. The time for development has shrunk. So we need
to choose whether we want to be involved more into the endless
discussions (sorrry but often about nothing) or to be involved more into
the development.
4. We can't just unsubscribe from the lazarus mail list since we still
want to be in course of problems and want to be involved into discussions.
5. From the other side some ppl need a place for the hardly related to
lazarus disputes. Since lazarus developers mostly don't participate at
this disputes they (disputes) can be moved to another place - specially
made for that disputes.

Best regards,
Paul Ishenin.