[Lazarus] Lazarus-other list

Martin lazarus at mfriebe.de
Sat Jul 3 13:36:41 CEST 2010

On 03/07/2010 11:15, Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:
> Make one comment which the "Gods" frown upon, and
> your and banished to the *-other mailing lists (which nobody cares to
> read). So this is in a way insulting that person saying we don't want
> you here, so f***k off. Maybe that's just what I have to do - cut the
> ties once and for all and make everybody including myself happy.

This is nothing about a single comment.

The thread had far more than 100 mails in it. Of which maybe between 10
and 20 had some actual content (more fpc than Lazarus related). Most of
the rest of the mails were either repetition of this content, or even
completly offtopic and with no usable content at all.

Anyway, the begining of the thread was valid, it was about something
that had actually been done. example code committed to thr svn.

then it went into the typical "going nowhere". people who are not
themself going to write any code, are telling the developers *how* they
should do there "work".
What for? What is expected from that?

There is a point in saying you would like a feature. the answers can be:
- a developer or contributor steps forward and implements it.
- it is disregarded, because even if contributed, maintenance would be
to high
- you are told, you can contribute it.

those answers are final, accept them.
But no, each time 100 of mails are send to discuss a final decision.

If you are not happy with the answer that it will not be added, there is
one way only:
- prove it wrong,
- stop sending mails
- sit down fork your own version of the code (after all its open source)
- implement it
- maintain it

then, once you shown what it really is like, you can ask again for it
being merged.

Martin