[Lazarus] Some information please

Jürgen Hestermann juergen.hestermann at gmx.de
Sun Jul 4 18:59:16 CEST 2010

> jjb schrieb:
> @Hans-Peter, maybe my son will one day be a great programmer but as for
> me making  a "game-makers library for Lazarus", I wouldn't
> know where to start!

My son wrote (for his own education) a kind of snake clone which he started on Delphi (7). Since a year or so he is using Lazarus/Free Pascal. I am quite impressed by the graphics (the "snake" is not restricted to lines and columns but can be directed in a arbitrary direction and all the chain links follow the head as if it was a real snake, accelleration and direction changes may lead to a coiled snake etc.). Textures are applied to the chain links and so on... He got it running quite fast (well, age *does* a difference ;-)). He used opengl for the graphics.

>  From what I read on the web a lot of Delphi stuff is now being
> rewritten in other
> languages especially C# which would make you wonder about the future (for
> Delphi at least)

That's the problem: Those who give a ruling often don't know about the things they decide. So they follow the masses and what they hear from others. At least noone can blame them later if it was a bad decision.

BTW: As far as I know C# is something for Windows only.