[Lazarus] focus problem with autocomplete list

Bernd prof7bit at googlemail.com
Mon Jul 12 22:29:35 CEST 2010

2010/7/12 Martin <lazarus at mfriebe.de>:

> The first one will conflict with any app, that moves the focus itself, or
> any attempt to move focus by keyboard. Since focus would always return
> immediately to where the mouse is.

Yes, this is true. but for some reason I did never use any programs
that move the focus to another window *and* would then be unusable
with this mode. Somehow everything worked for me and I did not
consciously notice the few occasions where I had to manually move the
mouse to a dialog window. The only app that really did not work in
this mode and caused major annoyance was Lazarus and I simply was not
aware that i could chose between these two different modes.

> BTW, out of interest: does (in the 1st mode) the focus also lock down to the
> window under mouse, if the mouse cursor is hidden/invisible? Lazarus has an
> option, to hide the mouse if you type.

Just tried it and it makes no difference. The mouse is invisible but
it is still there and causes the focus switch.