[Lazarus] Lazarus settings on WinXP

Mattias Gaertner nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de
Wed Jul 14 08:32:49 CEST 2010

On Wed, 14 Jul 2010 00:08:19 +0200
Hans-Peter Diettrich <DrDiettrich1 at aol.com> wrote:

> Zaher Dirkey schrieb:
> > On Tue, Jul 13, 2010 at 3:14 PM, Marcos Douglas <md at delfire.net
> > <mailto:md at delfire.net>> wrote:
> >

> >     Sorry guys, for my crazy idea  =)
> >     But I have another doubt: The Lazarus should be started by
> >     startlazarus.exe, right? If I use arguments in lazarus.exe, how
> >     startlazarus.exe knows about this parameters when I rebuild the IDE?
>
> In case this question has not yet been answered:
>
> IMO startlazarus is only used when rebuilding Lazarus itself, from the
> IDE, to rename and start the new lazarus.exe. Please correct me if I'm
> wrong.

startlazarus is used when restarting the IDE. Under windows, where the
exe files are locked it renames them.
startlazarus passes most parameters to the IDE and vice versus.
startlazarus has some smart heuristics to find the right lazarus
executable, if there are several. For example when there is a custom
built one. In doubt it asks.
Because of the last feature the windows and linux installer sets up the
desktop/menu icon to start startlazarus and not the default lazarus
executable.
The OS X installer should do the same, but there
was some trouble with the bundle. I have to check.

Mattias