[Lazarus] "show declaration hints" has more power in it than is really used

Bernd prof7bit at googlemail.com
Sat Jul 24 00:21:12 CEST 2010

2010/7/23 Bernd <prof7bit at googlemail.com>:

>> You can install lhelp for an offline help viewer.
>
> Trying this now.

This will give me a nice chm viewer if i additionally download the chm
files for LCL, FCL and RTL (the scripts in docs/html fail with some
file not found messages) but it still won't show me the contents of my
fpdoc file. There is a button missing: "show in help viewer" and the
F1 key should first look for available fpdoc before it does anything
else.

The fpdoc thing seems not yet usable to me. it fails to find classes
like for example TObject which are defined in some include files and
that seem to have been manually moved into other fpdoc files because
there seems to exist generated documentation for them in the online
help and the chm.

This is exactly the kind of problem that I mentioned earlier.
Maintaining code and documentation in separate files will always cause
them to be out of sync sooner or later and will be a never ending
source of problems and frustration. Even more so if the tools to use
them are not anywhere near usable yet.