[Lazarus] Embedded database for Lazarus/Linux

waldo kitty wkitty42 at windstream.net
Fri Jun 18 17:06:36 CEST 2010

On 6/18/2010 03:20, Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:
> On 17 June 2010 23:12, waldo kitty wrote:
>>
>> damn! you had pascal as a course in high school? ya lucky barstard :P :)
>
> It was as an extra subject, and was actually after school where I had
> to attend the classes in another school, because my own school didn't
> offer it. A lame setup, but programming was fun, so I made due with
> the crazy arrangement.  :-)

i don't think they'd even heard of teaching anything computer related in high
school when i attended at the end of the '70's beginning of the '80's... by then
i had already taught myself BASIC from the TRS-80 manuals and was moving into
ASM and pascal... some ASM stuff coming from IBM Technical Reference Manuals,
IIRC... i've also got pages and pages from a compaq (i think) manual that covers
ASM as well...

what a difference 30 years makes :)