[Lazarus] Embedded database for Lazarus/Linux

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Fri Jun 18 23:33:54 CEST 2010

On 18 June 2010 18:56, Hans-Peter Diettrich wrote:
> That's because TB does *not* use a database, at least not standard DB that
> is designed for fast transaction processing. Instead TB holds all
> information in one file per folder, so that moving a piece from one folder
> to another one means to rewrite two such (huge) datafiles.
>
> You see how important the right use of the right storage model is in
> practice?

The latest Mozilla Thunderbird uses SQLite databases for just about
everything and constantly I see the statusbar saying "re-indexing
XXX". As mentioned earlier, even for managing something as trivial as
bookmarks. Luckily my Quad Core just powers through all that
re-indexing that now occurs, so I don't notice it that much.

Your last statement is 100% correct though. Unfortunately not
everybody seems capable of making the right choice. :)

  - Graeme -