[Lazarus] Is Lazarus project in a downward spiral?

Vincent Snijders vsnijders at vodafonevast.nl
Mon Mar 8 12:54:55 CET 2010

Graeme Geldenhuys schreef:
> On 7 March 2010 20:13, Vincent Snijders <vsnijders at vodafonevast.nl> wrote:
>> Do you want to be the maintainer of the "stable" version?
>

> I wouldn't know how using SVN - we use Git remember. Our method of
> getting a stable version would also probably not be appropriate for
> others. On a serious note, below is what we do, and I honestly can't
> see how this would be done in SVN.

As Florian said, most if not all can be done with SVN too. But besides that ...

> We try various revisions of Trunk until we hit a "sweet spot" revision
> Then periodically we will revise the Trunk branch and tag a new "sweet
> spot" revision. We will then rebase our home grown feature branches
> ('git rebase' means it takes the patches in a feature branch and
> replays them on a new Trunk revision so they always stay up to date
> and can merge easily if needed because they are based on a newer trunk
> revision). We then start the whole process again.

Do you have this git repo in a public place?
The sweet spot revision is what people are looking for at pages like:
http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/Tested_Unstable_Revisions

And information about what are good fixes is valuable to other people who want to
maintain a fixes branch efficiently (with as little time as possible).

Vincent