[Lazarus] Newcomers with Debian based systems

Flávio Etrusco flavio.etrusco at gmail.com
Tue Mar 16 14:43:06 CET 2010

On Mon, Mar 15, 2010 at 9:46 PM, Hans-Peter Diettrich
<DrDiettrich1 at aol.com> wrote:
> I've tried to intall Lazarus on a fresh Ubuntu (9.10) system, and ran into
> any number of problems, that will effectivly prevent any newcomer to ever
> give Lazarus an try :-(
>
> The official Ubuntu packages did not allow to install a working version of
> Lazarus, so I consulted the Lazarus homepage. If somebody can update the
> Ubuntu repository, I'd give that solution another try.

DoDi, what is the Ubuntu version? IIRC in 9.10 installed and worked
for me with no major problem... (from Ubuntu's own repository)

> The first show stopper in the Lazarus homepage is the lack of installation
> instructions. I think that the typical newbie will follow the "Downloads"
> link, then others in random order.
(...)

Sure, pages and links needs some better organization/presentation.
Never had this much problem as you describe, though.

I'll install a 9.10 VM image here and see if we can go through the issues :)

Best regards,
Flávio