[Lazarus] Newcomers with Debian based systems

Hans-Peter Diettrich DrDiettrich1 at aol.com
Tue Mar 16 18:17:03 CET 2010

Flávio Etrusco schrieb:

> DoDi, what is the Ubuntu version? IIRC in 9.10 installed and worked
> for me with no major problem... (from Ubuntu's own repository)

That's 0.9.26 only, not what I need today. But I'll give it another try,
to find out what a newbie will encounter.

> I'll install a 9.10 VM image here and see if we can go through the issues :)

I've the same problem with my Ubuntu and Kubuntu VMWare machines: the
applications use huge fonts, only the most standard items (menus...)
come in the selected 8 pt. size. But it should be sufficient to figure
out problems and solutions.  Which virtualization software do you use? I
have an old VMWare Workstation 4.0 for Linux (32 bit only), but couldn't
install it yet on Ubuntu.

DoDi