[Lazarus] [fpc-pascal] TCgiApplication in cgiapp unit - mostly deprecated

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Mon May 3 10:34:15 CEST 2010

2010/5/2 Lee Jenkins <lee at datatrakpos.com>:

> How do you get it to work?  What spell or incantation is necessary? :-)

* Compile the editortoolbar.lpk (found in components/editortoolbar/)
* By default it comes with a "configure" button and a hard-coded "jump
to" navigation button.
* Click configure and browse the "IDEMainMenu" tree node. Most menu actions
  seem to work, but there are a few that doesn't - no idea why yet.

As a test, try and add something that is known to work,
 - IDEMainMenu > Edit > itmEditClipboard > Copy | Paste | Cut
 - IDEMainMenu > Run > itmRunBuilding > Run | Build | Build All
 - IDEMainMenu > Search > Jumpings > Jump Back | Jump Forward
etc..

If a item appears with a lightning bolt icon, it means the IDE menu
item did not have an icon, so the editor toolbar adds a generic icon
(so it's visible to the end-user).

I still need to investigate why some IDE actions do not work. For
example, creating shortcuts to the various Debug windows (Watch
window, Backtrace etc) don't work from the editor toolbar.

> I've tried to use it several times and all it does it put buttons on the
> status bar with a lightning icon that do nothing when pressed.

What IDE actions (exact tree shown in Configure Editor Toolbar dialog)
did you try and add, that doesn't work?

  - Graeme -