[Lazarus] Challenge of converting a Delphi project

Juha Manninen juha.manninen at phnet.fi
Tue May 4 12:41:13 CEST 2010

Mattias Gärtner wrote:
> Can you create a small example to reproduce the problem?

The open-button problem got solved but the others remain.

I made test projects to reproduce the TControl typecast error and the
TRegistry save error. They both worked well so I can't reproduce.

TControl typecast problem is especially strange. During debugging I verified
once the control was the MainForm itself. Still it created the same error.

> Maybe the program worked only by accident.

Yeah. The fact is that I compiled the original source with Delphi2009 and it
didn't work either. It showed only a gray canvas. Binary download was built
with Delphi6. It worked.

> A lot of files use windows codepages. Maybe the converter could try to
> fix that automatically?

How does it show? I didn't see any problem regarding source codepages.

Regards,
Juha