[Lazarus] Challenge of converting a Delphi project

Mattias Gaertner nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de
Tue May 4 12:44:21 CEST 2010

On Tue, 4 May 2010 13:41:13 +0300
Juha Manninen <juha.manninen at phnet.fi> wrote:

> Mattias Gärtner wrote:
> > Can you create a small example to reproduce the problem?
>
> The open-button problem got solved but the others remain.
>
> I made test projects to reproduce the TControl typecast error and the
> TRegistry save error. They both worked well so I can't reproduce.
>
> TControl typecast problem is especially strange. During debugging I verified
> once the control was the MainForm itself. Still it created the same error.

Can you create a small summary how to reproduce the crash?

> > Maybe the program worked only by accident.
>
> Yeah. The fact is that I compiled the original source with Delphi2009 and it
> didn't work either. It showed only a gray canvas.

So does LCL on gtk2.

> Binary download was built with Delphi6. It worked.

Well, binaries, ...

> > A lot of files use windows codepages. Maybe the converter could try to
> > fix that automatically?
>
> How does it show? I didn't see any problem regarding source codepages.

The files are not UTF8 encoded and contains umlaute in the comments.
This is not important for this project, but in general the converter
should at least have an option to convert to UTF8 because the LCL
strings expect that.

Mattias