[Lazarus] TCustomComboBox.ArrowKeysTraverseList mistery

zeljko zeljko at holobit.net
Sun May 16 16:09:36 CEST 2010

On Sunday 16 May 2010 14:44, Mattias Gaertner wrote:
> On Wed, 9 Dec 2009 18:32:20 +0100
>
> zeljko <zeljko at holobit.net> wrote:
> > Hi all,
> > Anyone on this planet knows why we have this property in LCL (and what
> > this property is supposed to do) ?
> > I've checked in K3 (CLX) and Delphi 7 (CLX & VCL) and couldn't find such
> > property.
> > Also, lazarus help says
> > "ArrowKeysTraverseList - enables the operator to use the keyboard Arrow
> > keys to move through the list as an alternative to using the mouse".
>
> AFAIK:
> Some widgetsets define Up/Down to select the next item in the list.
> This eats the key.
> Sometimes you don't want the normal behavior and handle the Up/down
> keys yourself. For example the object inspector uses Up/Down to select
> the next property on all platforms.

I think (as I understood property) that have different meaning:
Imagine readonly combobox  (csDropDownList) with 5 elements:
1.You focused combo by keyboard (eg. tab) - you are power user, mouse is
only "if must".
2.now you pressing key down
3.When you reach the end of list it cannot go down anymore (to next item)
4.Now, you see that you jumped over option you want to select, now you must
press keyup and go back.
That's normal behaviour (at least under qt).

With this property=TRUE you don't have to press keyup, when list reach end,
next keydown starts again from 1st item in list (that's how it works in Qt2).

zeljko