[Lazarus] Code navigation

Joost van der Sluis joost at cnoc.nl
Mon May 17 15:19:10 CEST 2010

On Mon, 2010-05-03 at 20:30 +0200, Mattias Gaertner wrote:
> On Sun, 02 May 2010 12:20:49 +0200
> Marc Weustink <marc at dommelstein.net> wrote:
>
> > Hans-Peter Diettrich wrote:

> > > It depends on the available space in the GUI. I've placed such arrows
> > > into the status bar, just below the gutter.
> > >
> > > The navigation keyboard shortcuts are Alt-Left/Right in Delphi, Ctrl-H
> > > and Ctrl-Shift-H in Lazarus. Dunno why, perhaps some platforms don't
> > > like Alt shortcuts?
> >
> > I guess it was unknown that delphi had those shortcuts.
> > At least I didnt', found out today.
>
> Me2
>
> > Thank you, it was one of those things I missed in delphi
> > (or was it introduced in D7 ?)
>
> Maybe we should change the defaults shortcuts in Lazarus?

No, I like ctrl-h. And this was the default in Delphi also but since VS
used alt-arrow they changed it to that.

And ctrl-h (Lazarus) and alt-arrow (Delphi) are not completely the same.
Lazarus'version is better. It always works, for every jump the cursos
makes. In Delphi it only works in some cases.

Joost.