[Lazarus] Structured info on class watch

José Mejuto joshyfun at gmail.com
Tue May 25 23:24:22 CEST 2010

Hello Lazarus-List,

Tuesday, May 25, 2010, 2:51:34 PM, you wrote:

MS> With label1^ I in fact don't see anything useful
MS> With form1^ I see three methods (address given as "???") and Label1 with
MS> type and address as "Data"
MS> But nothing comparable to what the "hint" display shows.
MS> The hint display seemingly is able to work without the "^", so it should
MS> be possible to generate the same display (but scollable here) in a debug
MS> inspector view.

I had written some of that parts, the ones that tries to "deconvolute"
the GDB output and render in a more "human readable" way. The problem
(one of them) is that sometimes gdb handles a variable fine without
dereferencing it, and sometimes it does not :( so trying to
dereference it could raise and error, or not.

It works more or less (not treeview, only list-view) but I think that
some changes in the way strings are being handled and other special
types like variants changes something, and now the list-view works for
some variables and not for others. It is quite complex, specially
using different gdb versions.

I'll take a look over the code again, I hope that nothing breaks :)

--
Best regards,
 José