[Lazarus] Windows Explorer context menu plug-in with fpc?

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at gmail.com
Fri Nov 19 07:31:52 CET 2010

Is it possible to make a Windows Explorer plug-in DLL using
FPC/Lazarus?
What I mean is the type where you see a submenu in the rightclick menu
in Explorer like for example TortoiseSVN displays.
As far as I have understood Win7x64 requires the plug-in to be 64 bit
so it cannot be done in Delphi yet, but maybe wit FPC?

Then again, I have noted on my Win7x64 machine that both TortioiseSVN
and notepad++ integrate this way even though seem to be 32 bit
applications. How is that done? Did they create a 64 bit dll for the
plug-in, which in turn can call the 32 bit program?

Any insight in this is appreciated.
And I am not good at reading C++ so what I am after is sime pascal
solution...

--
Bo Berglund
Developer in Sweden