[Lazarus] Windows Explorer context menu plug-in with fpc?

Sven Barth pascaldragon at googlemail.com
Fri Nov 19 14:29:21 CET 2010

Am 19.11.2010 07:31, schrieb Bo Berglund:
> Is it possible to make a Windows Explorer plug-in DLL using
> FPC/Lazarus?
> What I mean is the type where you see a submenu in the rightclick menu
> in Explorer like for example TortoiseSVN displays.
> As far as I have understood Win7x64 requires the plug-in to be 64 bit
> so it cannot be done in Delphi yet, but maybe wit FPC?
>
> Then again, I have noted on my Win7x64 machine that both TortioiseSVN
> and notepad++ integrate this way even though seem to be 32 bit
> applications. How is that done? Did they create a 64 bit dll for the
> plug-in, which in turn can call the 32 bit program?

I'd say, yes they did.

> Any insight in this is appreciated.
> And I am not good at reading C++ so what I am after is sime pascal
> solution...

In theory you should be able to rely on the tutorials for Delphi as the
COM implementation should be good enough for that with FPC now. (and
there isn't that much difference in COM regarding 32 and 64 bit... only
the DLL has to have the correct bitness to be loaded)

Regards,
Sven