[Lazarus] How to stop Lazarus from loading previous project on start?

Mattias Gaertner nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de
Wed Nov 3 00:03:39 CET 2010

On Tue, 02 Nov 2010 23:22:38 +0100
Bo Berglund <bo.berglund at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, 02 Nov 2010 22:09:04 +0000, Martin <lazarus at mfriebe.de> wrote:
>
> >On 02/11/2010 21:57, Bo Berglund wrote:
> >>
> >> Now I have an error box:
> >>
> >> Unable to find file "componenttreeview.pas"
> >> If it belongs to your project, check search path in.... (long text
> >> follows)
> >componenttreeview.pas is part of IDEIntf => a quick file search reveals
> >that)
> >
> >I assume you are compilng your package? => then you need IDEIntf as
> >dependency to you package
> >

> This is crazy, I just wanted to uninstall the 5dposerial package so I
> opened the Package/Configure packages dialog, selected the 5dpo
> package and clicked Uninstall.
> Then after a little while the same stupid message appeared:
>
> componenttreeview.pas(41,18) Fatal: Can't find unit ComponentTreeView
> used by ObjectInspector
>
> Why can't it find this when it obviously belongs to Lazarus itself?

Because the compiler uses the same compiler message for different types
of errors. The lazarus wiki lists more than 20 different reasons for
this error message. IMO this is one of the biggest show stoppers. An
expert system to help finding the cause is on my todo list.
I guess:
The compiler found the objectinspector.ppu, which needs the
componenttreeview.ppu, but for some reason, it does not like what it
found.
Compile the whole Lazarus clean.
If this does not help:
Compile with -vut.

> It has nothing to do with 5dpo and even so I am now trying to get rid
> of 5dpo alltogether....
>
> I have absolutely no idea what to do about that since I have not
> touched anything remotely like such a file and it must have been
> present before, otherwise I would not have had a working Lazarus,
> right?
>
> Note that this is not *my* package at all, it is a package for serial
> communications that I first downloaded from SF and since it was too
> old (not the most recent) today I got more recent files from SVN.

When a package sets the wrong search paths it can create a mess.

Mattias