[Lazarus] TGraphicControl and Wm_WindowPosChanged

Mattias Gaertner nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de
Fri Nov 12 16:06:26 CET 2010

On Wed, 10 Nov 2010 09:41:23 +0300
Max Vlasov <max.vlasov at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> I successfully ported one of my components and was very impressed with how
> little I had to do in order for it to work. This was a TGraphicControl
> descendant and a single change was changing catching Wm_WindowPosChanged to
> DoOnChangeBounds. Is this I should do always if I use graphic controls?

Never say always and never say never.
Yes, DoOnChangeBounds is one possibility, although it is called quite
often.
DoOnResize is called later, less often and only for size.
DoSetBounds is like DoOnChangeBounds, but not called for ClientRect
changes.

> Not really a big deal, but just puzzling since it was the only "deal" :)
>
> Also, I tried to use lazarus on the same win7 machine with wubi-installed
> ubuntu and using the same folder as for windows machine via host mount
> point. It worked. The question is can I use it this way or I might lose
> something for one of/both systems?

Many do that.
You have to be careful about using big letters in file
names, as most Linux programs, including the IDE and FPC, work case
sensitive under Linux.
If you use a version control system like git you
should use Lazarus 0.9.29 because it keeps the file endings in the lpi
and lpk files.

Mattias