[Lazarus] Lazarus 1.1

Mark Morgan Lloyd markMLl.lazarus at telemetry.co.uk
Sat Nov 13 18:52:17 CET 2010

Martin wrote:
> On 13/11/2010 10:40, Juha Manninen wrote:
>> Congratulations for the new FPC 2.4.2 release.
>>
>> While searching at something else I also noticed that Developer
>> "DaimlerChrysler Financiera" has released Lazarus 1.1 :
>>
>> http://lazarus.software.informer.com/1.1/
>>
>> I don't know what is the idea of such downloads.
>> The screenshots are about 0.9.26.2.
> It looks like a scam, or worse.
>
> 1) there is no lazarus download.
> Clicking download leads to a page that lets you eiteher:
> - scan your PC (I have not/will not do, but I can guess it will find
> something, even so nothing is there.
> - download siinst.exe (supposingly a software updater
>   but this download exists only the first time, then a cookie prevents
> it from being displayed?
>   googling it, shos 100 of pages offering it, and alos at least 2 pages
> like this:
>     http://angui123.cn/VirusEncyclopedia/3232.html
>     http://www.prevx.com/filenames/992203412255399746-X1/SIINST.EXE.html
>

> enough to stay away

I took a look since we don't use PCs. There's the usual crap associated
with scams like Software Informer but ultimately there's a reference to
http://server03.orbitmedical.com/applications/lazarusprototype/LazarusPrototype.application
which no longer exists.

Do any of these people appear in download logs?

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk