[Lazarus] What is a TSQLTransaction and why do I need one?

Martin Schreiber mse00000 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 23 19:54:24 CET 2010

On Tuesday, 23. November 2010 18.01:35 Alexsander Rosa wrote:
> I think the statement "without a transaction, Postgres will do nothing,
> ever". For example: you can write a small C program using libpq that
> executes a simple SELECT without any transaction SQL code. Here's a comment
[...]
It uses an implicit transaction. MSEgui version of tsqltransaction has the
flag tao_fake in options property which enables implicit transactions for
database connections which support them, for Firebird it is not supported.
MSEgui version of tsqldataset has the flag dso_offline which disconnects from
transaction after loading the data. It is possible to reconnect in order to
write the update packages to database.

Martin