[Lazarus] Serial communication??

Michael Schnell mschnell at lumino.de
Tue Oct 5 10:44:05 CEST 2010

  On 10/01/2010 05:28 PM, Bo Berglund wrote:
> When you say "component" do you mean a component in the Delphi way
> where you drop a component on to a form etc?
>
> I don't like that way because I want to have better control and I also
> want to use the functions in form-less application (console) so I
> usually try to use classes that implement stuff by instantiating
> objects when needed for this purpose.
As the "drop on Form" mechanism is just a shortcut for the instantiation
of a class you always can do this manually, as well.

But regarding a "form-less application": if you don't use either of
Windows, KDE, Gnome, Mac or fpgui widget set, some thread-based
components will not work, as they depend on messages to trigger main
thread events.

-Michael