[Lazarus] Converting Fortran to FPC?

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at gmail.com
Thu Oct 7 20:36:14 CEST 2010

On Thu, 7 Oct 2010 15:09:15 +0200, Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho
<felipemonteiro.carvalho at gmail.com> wrote:

>http://www.irpcsoft.com/download/forpascsetup.exe that it the link for
>the windows/dos version, i don't know if there is a linux version.

I downloaded and tried it but the result was not very informative:

STIFF.FOR:
Fatal error: invalid FORTRAN text!

>There is Semi-automatic Fortran to Pascal converter by simple string
>manipulations at http://www.shokhirev.com/nikolai/programs/tools.html
>(see also the project at SourceForge:
>http://sourceforge.net/projects/fortran2pascal/ ).

This link actually contains sources for the ForToPas program so I
loaded that in Delphi7 and stepped through it.
The code is very strange with *lots* of gotos and strange conditionals
that seem not to work at all.
I think that I would need a lot of time to go over this and just get
it to work correctly according to the comments in the code....
And then I would not know if it actually did the right conversions.

--
Bo Berglund
Developer in Sweden