[Lazarus] Block unindent does not work in Lazarus like in Delphi7....

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at gmail.com
Sun Oct 10 21:29:47 CEST 2010

On Sun, 10 Oct 2010 15:01:47 -0300, Leonardo M. Ramé
<l.rame at griensu.com> wrote:

>In both, Delphi and Lazarus I allways used "ctrl+k i" to indent and
>"ctrl+k u" to unindent. Just tested on Lazarus and it works ok.

I forgot to say that I am testing on Lazarus 0.9.28.2 beta in Windows.

In Lazarus after selecting a group of code lines:
Ctrl-k-u or Ctrl-k-i does exactly nothing.

Ctrl-Shift-i and Ctrl-Shift-u (the Delphi keys) does nothing

TAB indents 2 spaces at a time

Shift-TAB unindents 2 spaces at a time but only to the original
position

In Delphi 7:
------------
Ctrl-k-i indents 2 spaces

Ctrl-k-u does nothing

Ctrl-Shift-i indents 2 spaces

Ctrl-Shift-u unindents 2 spaces until the text reaches left edge.
If some lines had more indentation more operations move these towards
left so in the end all lines start at column 1.
This is what I always do when fixing up old badly indented code.

TAB erases the selected text and puts 2 spaces there instead (ouch!)

I can use the column selection trick for now to get rid of extra
indentation, but I really think this should be working the "Delphi
way"....

--
Bo Berglund
Developer in Sweden